Followup-to: colugx at colug.net
Central Ohio Linux Users Group
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 from 7 PM to 9 PM local
Neal Dias, Linux Solutions Architect at Red Hat, will present Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 which was released in November, 2010. The presentation will cover What’s New in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 which includes hundreds of technical feature enhancements and additions. It offers:
- A highly optimized application platform for large-scale, centrally managed enterprise deployments.
- Enhanced efficiency with the latest generation of highly scalable hardware systems.
- Industry-leading virtualization performance, flexibility and security for both host and guest environments.
- Extensive support for features designed to minimize ecological impact and carbon footprint of IT systems.
- A platform suitable for long-term, stable deployment while able to incorporate new technologies for physical, virtual and cloud deployments.
As always, feel free to bring with you any ailing or problematic systems for expert diagnosis (or destruction). The upcoming meeting is open to the general public, and all with an interest in Free Software, Open Source, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Linux, BSD, Unix, Windows, are invited. There are no dues or fees.
The February 2011 meeting will be held at:
1275 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH 43212
Check out the web site at: http://www.colug.net/
Send administrative mail to: colugx at colug.net with any questions.
There is a mailing list. For details see http://www.colug.net/mailing_list.php